Mail Services Representative
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
This Position is for a 6 month contract
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment, providing support to our Business areas. Successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Canadian Document Services team, in a production process to ensure service standards are met daily.
- Daily mail deliveries
- Processing of Canada Post mail
- Processing of Courier mail via Purolator
- Sorting of internal system generated output
- Accountable for quality of material processed
- Accountable for understanding the end-to-end processes for CDS
- Responsible for communicating change that could lead to positive process enhancements
- Maintain professional positive attitude within all areas of SLF
- Recognizing what needs to be done to meet customer and business needs
- Determines on a daily basis when to move from assigned responsibilities to constrained areas that are adversely affecting the ability to achieve our service levels
- Other duties as required
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Proven ability to work well in a multitasked environment
- Display professionalism at all times
- Complete all work with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong focus on working as a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude
- Imagination, creativity
- Process proficient
- Excellent plain language writing skills
- Computer knowledgeable
- Notes / Unique Requirements:
- Ability to handle fluctuating work volumes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift items weighing 50 to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice when volumes dictate
- Limited vacation during peak seasons
- Applicants will be required to pass RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to 'email@example.com'.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.