Intermediate Financial Analyst
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
The Canadian Finance Reporting & Analysis (CR&A) area is responsible for the internal and external reporting and control needs of the Canadian Executive team (CET), CFO, Board of Directors and Investors. The internal and external reporting includes but is not limited to SLF Canada key performance indicators, quarterly financial review materials as preparation for the SLF Analyst call, Board Materials, Earnings News Release and the MD&A. Examples of the control activities include accountabilities such as general ledger close process owner, ICFR monitoring, audit coordination and performance of account reconciliations.
Reporting to the Manager, Reporting & Analysis, and based in Waterloo, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the consolidation and preparation of key internal control reporting deliverables for Sun Life Canada. Through their extensive involvement with the Business Units, Support Units, and senior management, the individual will develop a broad knowledge of the financial aspects of all of Sun Life Financial (SLF) Canada. The role is also responsible for fostering a proactive, positive, high performance team environment.
What will you do? â€‹
- Support key quarter-end financial processes and internal and external reporting deliverables for SL Canada including the consolidation and preparation of Key Performance Indicators, and support for the Quarterly Financial Business Results package
- Participate in the consolidation and review of SL Canada monthly income forecasts and Executive Team actual and forecast sales reporting
- Maintain partnerships and collaborate effectively with the Canadian business and support units, Canadian Actuarial, and our Corporate office to deliver all reporting requirements
- Continuous focus on value through the development and improvement of business processes and documentation
- Act as a back-up resource for critical tasks performed across the Canadian Finance Reporting and Analysis team including providing support to the quarterly close process as required
- Maintain strong partnerships across the Canadian business/ support units and our Corporate office to deliver all reporting requirements
- Maintain and develop End User Applications, automated spreadsheets/tools used to support key CR&A deliverables and controls
- Active participant in ‘lean management’ activities including taking on various roles within huddles, problem solving teams, continuous improvement ideas and reporting on key performance indicators
- Support strategic Canadian and/or Corporate projects
What do you need to succeed? â€‹
- Professional accounting designation or working towards one.
- Experience with financial reporting systems and tools (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion)
- Proficient in automated tool development through the use of MSOffice applications (including Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively organize tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate well and present ideas/decisions clearly both verbally and in writing
- Adaptable, team player with focus on the voice of the client
- Understanding of key SLF Canada accounting processes, ledger and reporting tools
- Business knowledge and experience related to the Insurance and/or financialservices industry
- Experience in a medium to large size organization with multiple divisions and lines of business
- Some overtime during peak periods will be required
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 46,900/46 900 - 76,800/76 800
Job Category: Finance
Posting End Date: 16/08/201