Information Security Analyst
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
Information Security Analyst
About Sun Life
You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
The Information Security Analyst reports to the Director - Security Advisory Services, and will be responsible for supporting Senior Information Security Advisors within the team in their day-to-day duties. Support work will include, but is not limited to analysis of security documentation/questionnaires from both vendor and internal teams, following up with initiative stakeholders (internal/external), analysis and presentation of raw data/metrics, review of legal agreements from an information security perspective, review of RFP responses from vendors, report writing, and escalating identified security concerns to senior team members.
- Assist Senior Information Security Advisors in performing information security risk assessments. This work would include:
- Analysis of external vendor questionnaires to assess the security posture and security controls of a vendor
- Drafting risk reports which summarize the information security assessment including any risks to the organization
- Following up with internal and external (vendor) stakeholders to clarify and validate information related to initiatives
- Review legal agreements with vendors from an information security perspective
- Provide security consulting services to Enterprise Services and Business Units
- Provide information security related input into technology vendor selection (RFP); and
- Once the required experience and aptitude has been shown, expectation will be that the Information Security Analyst will start to perform these tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Completed Post-secondary education in related field
- Strong verbal communication - able to communicate complex and technical issues in plain English.
- Advanced writing skills with emphasis on report writing.
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging Information Security technologies.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to influence a win - win outcome.
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, negotiator, and consensus builder.
- Ability to understand Sun Life's diverse business units and ability to work with diverse groups.
- Sound knowledge of technologies related to Information Security: encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, anti-virus, DDoS, behavioural analysis/advanced malware detection
- Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to 'email@example.com'.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.