Information Security Analyst
Reporting to the Director - Security Advisory Services, the Information Security Analyst will be responsible for supporting Senior Information Security Advisors within the team in their day-to-day duties. Support work will include, but is not limited to analysis of security documentation/questionnaires from both vendor and internal teams, following up with initiative stakeholders (internal/external), analysis and presentation of raw data/metrics, review of legal agreements from an information security perspective, review of RFP responses from vendors, report writing, and escalating identified security concerns to senior team members.
- Assist Senior Information Security Advisors in performing information security risk assessments. This work would include:
- Analysis of external vendor questionnaires to assess the security posture and security controls of a vendor
- Drafting risk reports which summarize the information security assessment including any risks to the organization
- Following up with internal and external (vendor) stakeholders to clarify and validate information related to initiatives
- Review legal agreements with vendors from an information security perspective
- Provide security consulting services to Enterprise Services and Business Units
- Provide information security related input into technology vendor selection (RFP)
- Once the required experience and aptitude has been shown, expectation will be that the Information Security Analyst will start to perform these tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communication - able to communicate complex and technical issues in plain English
- Advanced writing skills with emphasis on report writing
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging Information Security technologies
- Strong consulting skills and ability to influence a win - win outcome
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, negotiator, and consensus builder
- Ability to understand Sun Life's diverse business units and ability to work with diverse groups
- Nice to have - Sound knowledge of technologies related to Information Security: encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, anti-virus, DDoS, behavioural analysis/advanced malware detection
- Post-secondary education
To learn more about Digital Innovation and career opportunities at Sun Life, visit www.sunlife.ca/digitaljobs
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.