Group Benefits Account Executive Program RLDP
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
Opportunities for upcoming Graduates – 2020
Location: Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, Calgary.
Embark on a bright future!
We are looking for talented new graduates to join Sun Life Financial for a fulfilling career in Sales. Our ideal candidate has a desire to learn and embrace challenge and change and is eager to explore different roles and business areas. Natural leadership skills and an ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting are key attributes for success.
What's it like to work at Sun Life Financial?
We strive to hire only the best, so you will be working with bright individuals, in a dynamic and highly professional work environment. You will find a collaborative and supportive environment in which career mobility is encouraged!
The Sun Life Group Benefits Account Executive Program, under the Rotational Leadership Development Program (RLDP) umbrella, is a comprehensive training program that will prepare you for a fast-paced career as a Sun Life Account Executive – a prestigious, client-facing role within one of Canada's leading financial institutions.
This is not your traditional "desk job" – our Account Executives are always on the go as the face of Sun Life, responsible for the profitable management of a portfolio of group benefits business. You will be meeting with external clients and advisors, building strong business relationships and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
During the program, you will spend time in two rotations: group financial underwriting and business development service. The duration of the program depends on your performance and availability of positions within your region. The typical program lasts between 24 and 36 months.
Upon completion of the program, you will be assigned to an office within your hired region in Canada (Quebec, Western or Central) which may require relocation to a city within that region. Every Account Executive is provided a block of business and is an employee of Sun Life, receiving a base salary and incentive bonus program.
- As a participant in the Account Executive stream, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be trained as a group benefits underwriter (underwrite renewals and plan changes, prepare quotations for new business, etc.)
- Be trained as a service representative to build and maintain Client and Broker relationships
- Work closely with the Sun Life Account Executive team to meet growth, profitability and client satisfaction objectives
- Complete your Group Benefits Associate Designation (an industry recognized designation focusing on up-to-date and relevant information needed to effectively design, administer and communicate group benefits)
- Participate in sales skills training
- Attend conferences & training workshops
- Ability to build strong personal and professional relationships
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and resiliency
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills in matrixed environments
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Client and service focused
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Candidates must be completing their final year in an accredited undergraduate program
- Strong mathematical skills
- Balanced experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities and volunteer work
- Willingness to relocate to one of our local Canadian offices on placement of an Account Executive position
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel
- Bilingual (English, French) if applying for the Quebec region position
*If you are interest in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and grade transcript when you apply.
To hear what its like to be part of this program, watch the following video For more information about the program, please visit us at www.sunlife.ca/students
Salary: $48,900 - $64,450
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted for. The Base Pay which you will be considered for will vary depending on the Campus program you are selected for.
Eligible Sun Life employees for various Campus Graduate programs will also participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category: Rotational Leaders
Posting End Date: 20/09/2019