Financial Centre Manager - One University Avenue
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Financial Centre Manager, One University Avenue, Toronto
You believe life is about aiming high, achieving success and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, the Sun Life Financial organization has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. Sun Life Financial advisors are able to offer a full suite of insurance and wealth solutions.
We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to the talent, commitment and passion of our people. Join the Sun Life Financial team as we strive to make a notable difference in the lives of our people, our clients and prospective clients and the communities in which we live and work.
Your role is to build a thriving business in your financial centre. Setting high standards, leading by example and coaching your team to success all within a compliant framework will demonstrate your leadership capability. Active networking and community involvement will enable you to attract top talent to your management and advisor team. While advisors are independent contractors, you will assist them in growing their business by providing ongoing development opportunities, exceptional support and ensuring they have the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to provide outstanding customer service to existing and prospective clients.
- Financial centre productivity
- Create a vision
- Set achievable, measureable objectives
- Build a culture to support achieving the vision and objectives
- Attract and select top talent
- Develop yourself and your team
- Apply an accountability model that ensures objectives are met
- Coach and assist advisors to grow their business
- Recognize and reward the team for accomplishments
- Ensure the use of compliant business practices within the financial centre and the advisors' business organizations
- Provide primary supervision for compliance in your financial centre
- Educate yourself and others on the team regarding regulatory requirements
- Communicate your expectations that compliance is non-negotiable
- Hold your team accountable for meeting compliance requirements
You are an accomplished networker You successfully seek out and select those that complement and add value to your team You have a proven track record of coaching teams to success You are known for setting crystal clear expectations and have proven ability to hold people accountable You have demonstrated your commitment to identify and provide additional learning opportunities for your team Your established organizational ability and administrative knowledge will enable you to successfully provide direction and oversight for the day to day operations of your financial centre Your business knowledge is exceptional enabling you to add significant value to an advisor's business Your compliance record is impeccable You have an excellent understanding of industry regulations including insurance and mutual funds.
You have clearly demonstrated:
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills (questioning, listening, writing, observing)
- strong problem-solving skills
- solid organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule
- If you don't already have your life insurance agent's licence and accident & sickness agent's licence you must be willing and able to obtain these prior to taking on the role.
If you are not already a registered mutual funds representative you will be required to become registered and obtain your branch manager licence.
You will be expected to obtain your CFP designation.
Your application should:
- Describe how your career aspirations align with this role
- Highlight your skills and experience as they relate to this role
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
Please visit us at
Sun Life Financial managers are employed by Sun Life Financial Distributors (Canada) Inc.
Job Category: Sales - Direct
Posting End Date: 14/06/2019