Disability Payment Administrator
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Contract -> One Year with benefits
Start Date -> September 3, 2019
Managing and issuing monthly disability claim payments accurately and efficiently. The successful candidate should possess strong mathematical skills, with effective communication skills and the ability to prioritize and handle large volumes of work.
- Ensure Long Term Disability Benefit payments are reviewed and calculated accurately
- Accurately review and interpret contractual wording to determine amount of benefit, applicable offsets and duration of benefit and other benefit provisions
- Initiate and manage the overpayment process through to recovery
- Process and apply reimbursements from various sources such as CPP/QPP, WSIB, CSST, PSSA, etc.
- Utilize effective time management skills to handle high volume of inbound and outbound calls.
- Respond proactively to client inquiries or concerns
- Complete all work with high attention to detail and accuracy within pre-set timelines
- Process claim terminations due to death and retirement.
- Request, review and process rehab earnings to ensure accurate and timely benefits are paid when a Plan Member is in a return to work arrangement.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external business partners such as Disability Case Managers, Overpayment Recovery Specialists, Senior Disability Claims Consultants, Service Canada, Workman’s Compensation, Family Responsibility Office, etc.
- Identify and suggest opportunities for process improvements.
You are the kind of person who:
- Embraces new challenges and change.
- Ability to work independently while thriving in a team setting.
- Is passionate about client service
- Understands clients needs and identifies solutions
- Infectiously positive attitude with a drive to succeed and a commitment to quality service
- Stellar client service and skills that demonstrate professionalism
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, decision making ability with a passion for solving problems
- Adaptability and flexibility to working environment and the ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate good judgement
- Solid team work skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Operational in Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual - French and English, written and spoken
The candidate that will be retain for this role will have to go through a special clearance from the Royal Canadian Mountain Police. To see if you are eligible for this clearance, please review the section 201 on the Federal Government site (http://iss-ssi.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/msi-ism/ch2-prt1-eng.html)
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 34 900/ - 50 300/
Job Category: Claims - Life & Disability
Posting End Date: 13/08/2019