Creative Designer (Print, Digital, Video)
About the business
Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services (GRS) is Canada's leading provider of workplace retirement and savings plans – serving more than 4,650 clients (known as plan sponsors) and over 1 million of their employees (known as plan members).
Being an industry leader and helping millions of Canadians with their savings goals is a profound responsibility. We acknowledge that responsibility with respect, confidence and passion – and we are looking for a high performing and talented individual to help us remain competitive.
Are you a motivated and creative Graphic Designer with several years of experience and a strong portfolio to support your skills? You need to have the ability to execute in print, video editing, and digital animation. Can you push creative boundaries and bring an "out of the box" design vision while adhering to strong brand standards? This role is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, energetic and organized design professional who can thrive in a busy, fast-paced, collaborative environment, with one of Canada's top employers.
As a Graphic Designer, you will oversee the integrity of our visual identity ensuring continual evolution of our client-facing materials. The Graphic Designer provides creative design consultation and execution of key new business, retention, campaign, advertising and event materials in print, video and digital nationally. The incumbent will demonstrate the ability to multi-task and communicate ideas, balancing creative thinking with time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Design integrated marketing and client materials and presentations reflective of sales strategies for use across various channels by creating tailored ideas and concepts that demonstrate a creative flair and differentiate Sun Life Financial
- Manage design projects from end-to-end including consulting, designing, working with the marketing and project teams and vendors, and developing strong and cohesive relationships with business partners by providing design expertise
- Provide consultation and design expertise to wire frames and graphic user interface layouts
- Work with external suppliers and internal purchasing buyer to ensure marketing materials are both creative and cost-effective and align with budgets
- Continuously identify opportunities to create additional value, be proactive with ideas and always be mindful of new, innovative and creative solutions.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards, compliance processes and maintain a detailed understanding of project filing and archiving protocols, following agreed conventions at all times
- Post-secondary education in graphic design, marketing, or related areas of study
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in print, video and digital executions
- Expert knowledge of graphic design and video software and the interrelationships with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite within both MAC OS and Windows environments
- Understanding of effective B2B marketing, preferably with experience in financial services or insurance
- Ability to think strategically and understand business needs, often acting quickly and efficienty using strong project and time management skills
- Strong creative aptitude, with the ability to articulate and rationalize ideas/concepts
- Agency and corporate creative/graphic design experience
- Experience marketing in a B2B environment
- Financial services and/or insurance industry experience
- Bilingual proficiency in English and French
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.