Associate Business Systems Analyst (Recent Graduate)
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
We are continuing to evolve how we attract and engage our clients. As the demand for immediate and convenient information increases, our systems, data, and digital properties are that much more important in creating meaningful experiences that inspire and energize our clients and sales professionals to believe that "Life's brighter under the Sun".
For this exciting journey, a personable recent graduate is sought! Someone with an interest in business analysis, who is a strategic thinker and strong communicator.
We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile and equally effective in adapting to change as they are following a process.
What You Get:
- The opportunity to help evolve our brand through projects and initiatives that contribute to helping us become one of the best asset management and insurance companies in the world
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment
- Recognition; everyone is a contributor
- Opportunities to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued, rewarded and embedded in what we do
What We Get:
- A recent graduate with proven (through courses or work experience) analytical skills
- A strong communicator who listens and picks up on the spoken and unspoken words to excel at delivering, understanding, and interpreting messages through verbal discussions and in writing
- A strategic thinker who is capable of learning a variety of planning, analysis, elicitation, modelling, and documentation techniques to accurately define and communicate requirements to help successfully deliver on initiatives
- A collaborative team member who continuously strives to improve the client experience, our team, and our processes
- Ideally, we'll also get somebody with one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Wealth products and business operations
- Knowledge of/experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with analysis and modelling for both processes and data
- A College or University degree, preferably in Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis or equivalent experience
- A technical aptitude and curiosity
How to be successful in this role:
- Assist with the development of quality BSA deliverables for small, medium and large projects
- Partner with business partners, vendors, leaders, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners and clients
- Learn about the technical and operational challenges and objectives that may impact the rollout of an application/process
- Establish and maintain trusted advisory roles with clients by gathering and analyzing information to provide recommendations that address and resolve business issues
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life Financial
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.