Retail Manager, Sales and merchandising
Who we are
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you do
As the Divisional Sales Manager, you’re responsible for enabling our work, learn, and grow culture; for our customers and associates. You are accountable for achieving business results based on your sales strategy for a specific area of the store; maximizing sales, hunting for internal and external referral opportunities and connecting new and existing customers to all our channels to ensure the customers' working and learning goals are met. You’re a coaching expert—attracting, training, and developing associates to be dynamic, inspiring partners in all areas of the business. You bring customer experience excellence to life at Staples. You and your team find ways to inspire our customers; you build loyalty and trust; and add value to the customer in ways that are meaningful to them to help them work, learn, and grow.
- Provide leadership and support the sales culture at the store, with a specific focus on the assigned area.
- Own and nurture the customer experience.
- Drive the referral-based business development to grow sales and customer loyalty.
- Provide team leadership through hiring, onboarding, learning & development, and coaching.
- Manage costs and meet all operational and financial metrics.
- Support loss prevention and compliance.
- Ensure the store location is maintained to standard.
Some of what you need
- 3 years of Retail Management experience
- Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and sales results
- Affinity with technology
- Be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you need
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply, send your resumes directly to Andrea.Mitchell@staples.ca or simply come down to visit the store, ask for someone on the management team and introduce yourself!