St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation raises funds to support care, teaching and research across St. Joseph's Health Care London, including St. Joseph's Hospital, Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care, Parkwood Institute, Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care, and the Lawson Health Research Institute. Through community philanthropy, the Foundation helps provide better health care for the people of Southwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Events Officer is responsible for the planning and execution of large scale signature events, as well as all engagement and recognition events, ranging from 10 guests to +1,200 guests. The Events Officer is also responsible for the community third party event program, serving as the key liaison to community event organizers.
As part of the marketing and communications team, the Events Officer meticulously coordinates all event logistics as a way to create guest experiences that build interest, engagement and support for St. Joseph’s innovative care and research programs.
If you love planning events, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are detail oriented, please consider this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Post secondary degree, in a related field (Marketing, Communications, Public or Community Relations)
- 3 - 5 years event management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently on several projects concurrently, with excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Strong project management ability with proven track record in managing complex logistics.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluation of events and project plans.
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation.
- Flexible, energetic and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and make recommendations on strategies and tactics for successful operation of events
- Ability to achieve thoroughness, and accuracy in all tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Please send resumes and CVs via hospital job portal at: