Case Social Worker
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Case Social Worker to join our team in North Vancouver.
As per the tripartite Agreement signed by Chiefs & Council, the Province of BC and Canada, this is delegated (C4) social worker position which has the responsibility to act, on behalf of the Superintendent of CSFS, as the delegated legal guardian of Squamish children who have been taken into care (including off-reserve children). As an intermediate Social Worker position, the incumbent will be responsible for a caseload/semi-advanced caseload, for assisting in investigating MCFD Child Protection cases of child abuse or neglect and for making referrals, via Manager, to appropriate resource as necessary. Additionally, performs guardianship, resource and family support service functions. This position advocates for the families associated with Children in Care. Incumbent must have proven demonstrated proven previous work experience with case social work caseload at the intermediate level.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Intakes new cases, including off-reserve cases.
- Participates in interdisciplinary case management.
- Maintains caseload and paperwork for straightforward and complex cases, controls localized budgets, authorizes payments including relief/respite, maintenance, etc.
- Undertakes guardianship role and responsibilities.
- Performs court-related services.
- Acts as a duty officer for the Case Management division.
- Participates in case conferences and consults with other stakeholders.
- Builds relationships, promotes program awareness and represents department.
- Provides and coordinates ongoing support and training for foster families with children in care.
- Conducts initial home visits, ongoing assessments and reviews overall health and well being of the caregivers.
- Participates in the coordination of permanent or temporary residential care for children that have been brought into care via Removal, Voluntary Care Agreements or Special needs Agreement.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as member of the Case Management and Ayas Men Men Child & Family Services Teams.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ONLINE CLOSES: UNTIL FILLED