Visitor Coordinator - 1 year contract
If your passion is people, we are looking for you – and your passion – to join our team, and help to contribute directly to our company’s performance and growth!
Ready to make a change by ensuring all visitors to the Toronto office are greeted and taken care of in the “Softchoice way”, the Visitor Coordinator is also responsible for creating a great (first) impression that reflects the Softchoice image and values. You will also be assisting with office-wide administrative duties including office supply ordering, caterer coordination and sorting incoming mail.
Your mission as a Visitor Coordinator at Softchoice—should you choose to accept—is to:
- Use creativity, innovation, and your great personality to greet and manage our visitors
- Act as a Host/Hostess by greeting and qualifying visitors to Softchoice
- Care for our guests while they are waiting; manage the main "Welcome" area; ensuring a tidy and comfortable appearance; Issue visitor tags and maintain a record of all visitors to Softchoice
- Order office supplies & ensure basic supplies are well stocked
- Sort incoming mail; accept small packages at the main entrance
- Compile and maintain company internal phone lists; ensuring up-to-date contact information is available for the Welcome area and the boardrooms
- Assist with other administrative tasks, like scanning business cards and corporate holiday card mailings
- Co-ordinate catering and food orders for meetings, training and corporate events
- Work with the facilities team to ensure that meeting rooms are properly set up for large/important meetings
- Ensure coffee service is available in main lunch/meeting area first thing in the morning every day
- Coordinate/assist the monthly Beer cart schedule
- Coordinate access badges for the office
- Ensures that all visitors are accounted for in the event of an evacuation
- Managing office expenses
- Perform other assigned duties
We’re looking for people who have:
- A pleasant demeanor and comfort with handling guests and strangers
- A helpful “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work with multiple teams and individuals, but are also independent and confident in their abilities.
- The desire and ability to take charge of this role, and enjoy minimal supervision.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A secondary school diploma or equivalent related experience
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Ability to multi-task and potentially deal with several people and tasks at once
- Good Organizational and scheduling skills
- Experience with coordinating/handling caterers is an asset
- Initiative and creativity
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact
you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!