Marketing Financial Analyst
The Softchoice Finance team has an opening for a Financial Analyst! This is a great opportunity for a professional that has recently completed, or is close to completing, their CPA designation and is seeking to expand their experience and responsibilities, on a collaborative and supportive team.
The “MDF Accounting” team directly supports and informs Softchoice’s Business Development and Marketing leaders and teams, by providing and striving to continually improve, meaningful financial reporting and analyses. Of course, quality financial reporting starts with accurate accounting, completed within month end schedules. This role contributes significantly to both of those primary end goals.
As our Marketing Financial Analyst, you’ll be relied on to:
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly Profit and Loss Statements by business Category, as well as other revenue, expense and deferred revenue schedules relied on by multiple report users; identify and investigate the cause of significant variances from plan or prior year
- Supervise invoicing to vendors of all Softchoice co-operative marketing engagements, ensuring accounting and revenue recognition standards are met
- Review, approve and process all marketing revenue recognition requests, and shared marketing expense allocations
- Carry out in-depth reviews of marketing activity gross profits at quarter ends, determining and submitting deferred revenue and expense adjustments
- Prepare monthly general ledger account analyses, validating the related GL balances
- Review current accounting processes and innovate new ideas to create efficiencies
- Be organized, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Have a keen eye for detail
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- 1-2+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation, or at a minimum, enrollment in the final stages of, and with the intention of completing, the CPA program
- Proven knowledge and ability to apply general accounting principles to broad range of scenarios
- Strong Excel and data skills
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!