Managed Services Technician - 4 Month Summer Co-op
This position is a learning and development role within the Keystone Technical Support Center (KTSC). The primary function of the role is to learn about technical support operations and continuously develop students in technology areas such as unified communications (VoIP), network monitoring, cloud (Azure), platform, server or virtualization and storage. This includes activities such as logging tickets for clients, contacting support vendors to process RMA’s (Returned Materials Authorization), to mentorship and project opportunities. The Managed Services Technician Co-op will also learn how real time customer support works in a fast pasted, mission critical environment as well as experience in our Network Operations Centre (NOC).
We’re looking for people who:
- Provide technical support for customers network and IT issues as requested by the support team
- Assist senior technical staff with either technical support or project delivery as required
- Process RMA’s, respond to alerts & escalate any potential problems
- Engage with third party vendors for technical escalations
- Answer incoming customer calls, provide initial triage, and opening tickets with help from a senior team member
- Process MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes) requests that are put through the Support Centre
- Assist in customer service activities such as helping with client tickets, monitoring client alarms, and client reporting
As our ideal candidate, you'll also have:
- Enrollment in an Information Technology related program, specializing in either Telecommunications, Internet Communication Technology or Computer Systems Technology at the junior or intermediate level with a co-op option
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: unified communications (VoIP), networking, cloud (Azure), network monitoring, server or virtualization and storage
- Strong customer service skills
- A basic understanding of ITIL
- A desire to work towards career based certifications in such areas such as Microsoft or Cisco
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College. In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check is required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!