This position requires a well-rounded and ambitious Finance and Accounting Professional that is looking for unique and valuable experience.
The Financial Analyst will play an integral role in the annual planning and monthly forecasting cycles, ensuring preparation and analysis of short and long term plans/forecast in a timely, accurate and relevant basis. The candidate will work closely with all areas of the organization to provide meaningful financial analysis utilizing financial models to support monthly P&L reviews, investment/strategic decisions with a specific focus on Services Field Margin and Operating expenses. The candidate will attain a deep understanding of the organization and ensure the accuracy of all planning data reported in the financial reporting system (Oracle) and other operational reporting systems.
As our Financial Analyst, you will be responsible to:
- Build and maintain financial models to support the annual planning process, monthly forecasting process and strategic business decisions by senior management
- Coordinate and prepare with all functional groups the total company Services Field Margin and Operating Expense annual budget and long-term plan ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Co-ordinate and prepare forecast updates to be reviewed at monthly balanced scorecard meeting for total Services Field Margin and Operating Expenses (SG&A)
- Prepare monthly variance analysis for Services Field Margin and Operating Expenses (SG&A)
- Provide Senior Leadership and Functional group P&L support on a monthly basis.
- Provide insight and recommendations to appropriate teams based on analysis of the Services business and Operating Expense results.
- Provide Oracle ERP support for plan upload and plan maintenance.
- Work with Financial Reporting to ensure the compliance of FP&A financial models with accounting policies (IFRS)
- Prepare key inputs for monthly management, board and investor presentation packages
- Provide support for special projects as required
- Identify areas of process improvement, in partnership with all relevant stakeholder groups on an ongoing basis
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Professional designation or candidate – CPA or CFA (required)
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience
- Advanced Excel and ERP system experience (Oracle experience an asset)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter, ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Driven to discover reasons for financial trends and provide insightful financial analysis
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.