Finance Coordinator - 8 Month Fall/Winter Co-op
Finance Coordinator – 8 Month Fall/Winter Co-op
Softchoice’s Finance team is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic co-op student seeking experience on a collaborative and excellence driven accounting and financial reporting team. You will be a key member of a team working closely with two Analysts and get hands-on experience with day to day accounting functions, internal control requirements and month end processes and reporting. In addition, we will seek and value your process improvement suggestions.
We’re looking for people who:
- Review, approve and process invoicing requests for the marketing development function ensuring internal control requirements are met, and accurate accounting
- Track, review and investigate daily cash receipts from MDF vendors and ensure accurate application to outstanding receivables
- Assist in collection of at risk receivables
- Assist the Financial Reporting group with month-end and quarter-end reporting responsibilities
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for audit purposes
- Can assist with ad hoc projects as required
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Enrollment in a Finance or Accounting related program at the intermediate level with a Co-op option
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented mindset
- Critical thinking capacity
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel preferred
- A good understanding of fundamental accounting principles
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College. In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check is required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!