Customer Support Advocate
As a Customer Support Advocate, you will have the opportunity to partner with some of our largest and most diversified enterprise and strategic customers. In this role, you will be deeply integrated into our customers’ environments and maintain relationships via email, over the phone and, if required, through face to face/onsite customer meetings. You will work as part of a unified account team in partnership with our Inside and Outside sales teams. As a unified account team, you will communicate directly with your aligned customers. From researching and fulfilling quote requests, providing complex reporting, helping manage a customer’s annuity business, to complex forecast management and customer integration projects, the CSA is involved in supporting many areas of the customers’ business. CSAs are tasked with staying knowledgeable on the latest technology trends, pricing programs, and selling processes with each individual customer. The CSA rep must have a high level of business acumen, organization, written communication and time management skills, as the workload they carry, aligning to high-volume only customers, stays at peak volume year round. You will be responsible for helping solve business problems for our customers, while also maintaining and protecting the bottom line for Softchoice. The CSA role is an integral piece of our customer support and growth model. As a result, we see tangible business outcomes, and increased customer satisfaction and retention, due to the alignment with our Enterprise customers.
- Build strong relationships with sales reps, vendors, customers, and other co-workers
- Work effectively with other departments to collaborate and focus on creating the best possible customer experience
- Act as a key point of contact for customers and internal teams, managing a high volume of requests
- Work with the aligned Account Team to generate and provide multiple types of critical documentation, always meeting the customer’s standards, including, but not limited to:
- accurate customer quotations (new and annuity)
- purchase history reports
- renewal calendars
- customer pricelists, as required
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team and Inside Account Management Team to effectively manage and maintain our customers annuity business
- Work with Softchoice’s partners & vendors to find the best pricing, product availability, and alternative solutions to solve customers’ needs.
- Confidently maintain and update non-standardized Customer Documentation
- Attend Customer Meetings, remotely and in-person when required, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Assist, when required, with project-based activities such as forecasting equipment, arranging specialized delivery and maintaining documentation tracking customer project progress
- As a team, collaboratively work together to decrease escalations and reduce customer risk
- Communicate with the customer daily through multiple platforms – phone, email, Skype
- Engage with Account Team to maintain and improve all customer process documents
- Proactively create and maintain back-up documentation to ensure account coverage when there are planned out of office events
- Constantly learn the latest technology trends and pricing programs
- Leverage learning agility to navigate a changing vendor landscape
- Have an action-oriented, proactive mindset towards problem resolution
- Follow all standardized best-practices in regards to technology utilization and collaboration
- Find process efficiencies where possible, and enforce standardization
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Post-secondary education obtained by a College, University, or one or more professional designations
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Have high level commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship building
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have experience managing a high-volume workload
- Likes working under multiple deadlines, in a fast paced, collaborative team environment
- Likes working on complex problems, bringing all parties to a mutually positive outcome
- Is Proficient in MS Office tools - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in the IT industry an asset
- Experience with understanding Microsoft licensing programs an asset
- Experience in using Enterprise grade reporting tools, such as Oracle/ BI an asset
- Experience in a Business to Business sales environment an asset
- Proficiency in Salesforce an asset
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.