The Billing Analyst is responsible to process all invoices for service rendered to our clients in a timely manner. For Partner delivered projects, this team also process all the invoices received from the partner ensuring the costs are accurately captured and getting them approved for payment.
The team uses multiple systems including Horizon and Financial Force to track and process the invoices. This team primarily interacts with internal clients with respect to any and all service billing items. The interactions varies from asking for approval on timesheets/invoices to addressing billing disputes. They interact with various individuals such as Project Management Office (PMO), Sales Reps, Various Professional Services Managers, VPs, Engineers (Delivery resources), PS Operations, Partner Engagement Managers (PEMs), Finance teams as well as Third Party providers.
This team plays a key role in ensuring cash flow and also to minimize any risk or loss to the company through controls in what is being processed and getting proper approvals for unique situation. In addition, this team deals with sales, and at times clients, regarding invoice disputes in regards and issuing credits as well as providing required documentation to back up Softchoice's position.
Your mission as a Billing Analyst at Softchoice—should you choose to accept—is to:
- Become an expert in the billing requirements of all the projects where you are assigned as the billing Analyst
- Review Project SOWs and setup up rules in the system for proper billing
- Process and bill Projects in accordance with the Project SOW
- Ensure all required processes are followed to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of projects
- Enter, update or post invoices in Horizon
- Process partner invoices for payment
- Process Billable expenses and credits
- Ensure Projects are accurately updated to reflect all booking or billing transactions
- Assist in addressing client disputes with respect to billing
- Escalate and get approval for billing not following normal processes
- Assist with getting backups to address billing concerns and fencing requirements
We’re looking for people who:
- Are highly motivated to win
- Are action-oriented
- Have strong time management skills and the proven ability to prioritize work
- Have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-Secondary education in accounting or a related business curriculum obtained at a community college or one or more professional designations
- Up to 3 years’ of working experience in billing
- Basic understanding of Accounting Principles
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Evidence excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal managerial input
- Receptiveness, detail oriented, sensitiveness when engaging in a potential issue, Data input, and data recording
- Consistently demonstrate initiative, positive attitude, professional mannerisms and commitment to personal, team and company goals
- Very good knowledge at Excel is essential
- Flexibility is key to success
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Locations in both Irvine and Los Angeles (LA Preferred location for candidate)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.