Associate Project Manager
Leading the delivery of our customer’s vision
There’s so much more to being a great Project Manager than industry tools and processes! At Softchoice, our Project Managers in the Professional Services organization act as an extension of the entire brand — focused deeply on understanding our customers, assembling the best resources to get the job done, and delivering exceptional results from kickoff to completion, and beyond.
A leading role in a project-centered organization
As our newest Associate Project Manager, you play a crucial role in achieving Softchoice’s vision, responsible for delivering success and owning the end results of every project, good or bad. Acting as the face of Softchoice, you are far more than a coordinator. You are the conductor of the orchestra, leading colleagues and customers through challenges, plotting the path to success, and unifying our resources to exceed expectations, every time.
Laser-focused on the customer
Aside from putting into action the Statement of Work (SOW), you are tasked with working alongside engineers and architects to align execution to what the customer really needs. It’s one thing to create a project roadmap, it’s quite another to help uncover the customer’s underlying vision and make those bigger ambitions the real target. From the first kickoff call, to the last debrief, you are delivering on the customer's deeper purpose, earning their loyalty and constantly improving our approach.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- 1+ years of related work experience in a professional services or consulting environment
- Knowledge of major business technologies is a bonus (such as cloud, Microsoft and Cisco)
- Excellent business acumen and strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Not afraid to break ground on new relationships and skillfully overcome challenges with customers and team members
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet project deadlines
- A post-secondary degree (university preferred, PMI & ITIL Certifications are an asset)
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will takes no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Still not sure this is the next step in your career? Here are more reasons you will love working here:
- Benefits package starting on Day 1 for you and your family
- Frequently listed as a top workplace and employer in Canada and the USA
- A focus on meaningful work that drives professional development
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Two paid volunteer days and one paid moving day a year
- Helping change the world with our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- An exciting workplace culture, including dog-friendly offices and monthly beer carts
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America. We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.