Associate Assessment Consultant
Associate Software Asset Management (SAM) Consultant
Softchoice’s Assessment Services are designed to help our customers save time, money, and reduce their exposure to risk in key areas within Software Asset Management.
Associate Software Asset Management Consultants within the ITAM category are charged with a working understanding our base offering. They will also understand key topics and technologies used in the creation of these services as they will be called on to refine and support these offerings. This Services Consultant will be tasked with analyzing Microsoft Licensing in a customer’s environment; mapping it to the software entitlements and helping clients understand the impact of this relationship
As our Associate SAM Consultant, you’ll drive:
- Value with clients and their account management teams.
- Assist customers in understanding and optimizing their licensing investments
- Work collaboratively with team members to problem solve and ensure the highest level of accuracy we can deliver.
- Provide peace of mind and real action items and recommendations to customers to help them mitigate risk and reduce their costs
- Build trust through a consultative approach and focus on the customer’s long term business needs and objectives.
- Compile data from multiple sources to provide an accurate view of customer environment
- Utilize standard analytical techniques to resolve standard software licensing issues
- Use standard tools and techniques to complete an analysis of the customer data against their licensing entitlements
- Conducts simple as well as complex activities associated with Microsoft licensing to achieve defined results
- Ensure confidentiality of customer data throughout engagement and beyond
- Track project activities and milestones within Salesforce to provide visibility to stakeholders
- Where applicable, provide knowledge transfer and support to Microsoft Sales Specialist and Account Managers
- Works under on-going supervision responding to non-complex queries from stakeholders
- Specialize in Microsoft licensing and provide input to continue enhancing the solution and deliverable
- Provide regular input on practices/process and resources related to own portfolio
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma
- MCP certification (bonus, not mandatory)
- At least 2 years in IT based experience
- Strong analytical skills with ability to navigate somewhat complex licensing scenarios
- Proficiency with MS Office - specifically Excel
- Strong customer service skills to provide advice to clients in a professional manner
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.