Accounts Payable Representative
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring all supplier invoices are recorded accurately, while meeting all the internal control requirements for approval, coding and processing invoices.
The candidate will also ensure that vendor accounts are reconciled, outstanding issues investigated and resolved, and payments are complete and up to date.
As our Accounts Payable Representative you will drive:
- Input supplier invoices and credit memos into system
- Identify and forward supplier invoicing issues
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries
- Resolve invoicing issues
- Follow–up regarding missing invoices, approvals
- Execute regular supplier and general ledger account reconciliation, identify and resolve discrepancies
- Monitor and maintain NIRR and/or ATB aging of assigned accounts, identify and resolve issues
- Investigate and initiate clean-up of aged items for assigned accounts
- Provide phone support for internal and external payable inquiries
- File processed invoices
- Retrieve filed invoices for audit requests
- Create payment batches including wires, efts, and cheques
- Assist with monthly accruals and inquires
- Create monthly upload files for journal entries
- Maintain invoice trackers for Utilities and Leases
- Audit Expense reports
- Monitor EDI rejections and clear EDI holds to identify and forward issues to related departments
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Action oriented
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-secondary education
- 1-2 years’ experience (this is an entry level position)
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in an accounting environment is preferred
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Locations in both Irvine and Los Angeles (LA Preferred location for candidate)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.