Analyste principal, économie
Sector: Policies and Innovation
Language designation: English essential
Levels of Language Proficiency (Reading / Writing / Speaking): ZZZ
Scale of treatment: $ 63418.82 to $ 79273.53
Type of position: Permanent full time
We are not a government agency like any other.
The purpose of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation is to make housing affordable for all in Canada. We harness the know-how and energy of governments, non-profit organizations, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to shape the future of this sector. At CMHC, we believe that all Canadians should have a home.
A Results-Only Workplace (ROWE ™)
At CMHC, we are confident that you will do your job. We have embarked on a cultural shift from managing people to managing work. Each employee is fully autonomous and fully accountable for the achievement of results. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to reach your goals. You have control of your time and we trust you to make the right decisions.
About the role
The incumbent is responsible for conducting, or contributing to, analyzes within the Market Insights Function for the analysis and modeling of economic activity and activity in the housing market and the mortgage market at the national, provincial and local levels to meet the needs of internal and external clients
What you need to possess
• University degree (2nd and 3rd cycles) in economics.
• Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of public and private external data and information services involved in the monitoring and analysis of economic activity.
• Ability to effectively communicate information about the economy and the housing market, both orally and in writing, to senior managers internally and externally.
• Understanding and experience in analyzing and forecasting the economy in general, the housing market and the mortgage market.
• General knowledge and experience in the application of statistics, econometric modeling, regression analysis, seasonal adjustment, simulation and forecasting techniques, and statistical packages.
What you will do
• Conduct analyzes and / or contribute to analyzes of economic activity and housing markets at the national, provincial and local levels related to CMHC's analyzes and publications, applying tried and tested econometric modeling and analysis to support the decisions of internal and external partners.
• Provide technical expertise for short-term (for the coming year) and long-term (for the next five years) priorities.
• Prepare and present presentations based on analyzes of economic activity and housing markets to internal and external stakeholders to support their decisions. Act as spokesperson for the Society, including the media.
• Write technical reports and perform quality control (peer review) of documents prior to publication.
• Under the supervision of senior management or technical experts, participate in research that contributes to the overall expertise of the function in economic analysis and forecasting, market intelligence housing and the mortgage market.
• Under the supervision of senior management or technical experts, participate in projects that provide specialized technical research on the factors affecting the housing market and the mortgage market.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with economists, econometricians and housing stakeholders; participate in research to explore innovative approaches to housing market analysis, as needed.
• Use tools and methods to track progress, identify trends, and identify risks in the housing market to communicate the impacts of these risks to higher-level technical resources and / or the functional leader. .
• Provide accurate data for integration with current econometric models,
• Regularly use micro and macro models related to the Canadian housing market, which are developed by higher level technical resources; possibly contribute to the development of these models
Does it look like you?
Click on the "apply now" button and create an account (it will take you about 30 seconds). We can not wait to hear from you!
Closing Date of the Job Offer: October 22, 2019 at 11:59 pm (ET) (Contest may remain open until successful candidate)
Application ID: 4048
Main place of work: Calgary , Alberta
Other locations: Position can be located anywhere in western Canada
Security Requirement: Secret
Mandatory Business Travel : Limited Travel
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, however, that we will only contact selected individuals for further processing.
CMHC is an employer that values â€‹â€‹diversity and promotes learning and use of Canada's two official languages. She is committed to employment equity and strongly encourages women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
* Please tell us if you have any special needs that we will need to consider if you are one of the interviewers or test takers.
By watching the video below, you will learn more about CMHC and how it helps Canadians meet their housing needs.