R-069096 Field Engineering Technicians/Technologists (Open)
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking Field Engineering Technicians / Technologists to join our diverse and experienced team.
In this position you will work as a key member of the Prairies Geosciences team located in Saskatoon and in Regina, Saskatchewan. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized transportation professionals and will gain valuable experience in the mining/transportation/infrastructure consulting industry working for a variety of clients.
The ideal candidate is an individual that has previous soils and concrete QA/QC testing and surveying experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
Our projects are primarily based in Saskatchewan, however other opportunities across Canada may arise from time to time. This role will require a significant amount of field work, including extended shifts (usually approximately 10-12 days) requiring out-of-town work, especially during the peak of construction season from May to October.
This position will also include work in our central laboratory facility in Saskatoon, as required based on project demands. The successful candidate will assist with laboratory operations, including but not limited to, sample preparation, conducting require materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), CCIL (Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories), and MoH (Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways) standards, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, and entering of test data.
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract;
- A good understanding of MS Office;
- Solid written and oral communication skills;
- A strong belief in ethics, diversity, and inclusion;
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety;
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Saskatchewan, with the potential for out-of-province work;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team;
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail; and,
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), Ministry of Highways and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as soil, concrete, asphalt, etc;
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer;
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment;
- Contractor and construction supervision;
- Travel to various worksites across Saskatchewan (and possibly out-of-province) as required;
- Work in our central laboratory as required, which may include duties such as materials testing, sample preparation, and cleaning/maintenance of equipment;
- Participation in our health and safety programs;
- Completion of required project documentation, including assistance with project close-out; and,
- The role may also require assisting with other tasks throughout the year including items such as:
- Providing assistance to our design team with preparation or revisions to design drawing and documents,
- Assistance with maintenance and upkeep of our mobile field laboratories.
This position is based out of the SNC-Lavalin office in Saskatoon located at 406 Jessop Avenue.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided (High visibility vest, hard hat, gloves, glasses)
- A vehicle, accommodation, and sustenance will be provided for all work-related travel
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.