R-067134 Civil / Structural Engineer in Training (Open)
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC Lavalin’s Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions designs, develops, and delivers engineering solutions for power generation, delivery, automation and digitalization in North America and abroad.
SNC Lavalin’s Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions has exciting full-time career opportunities for a Civil/Structural Engineer in Training. Based out of our Vancouver office, our Civil/Structural engineers work with our clients to design and deliver customized solutions for hydroelectric projects.
- Establish design criteria related to the area of assignment, based upon specified contractual requirements and in line with good engineering practices
- Developing designs and engineering specifications
- Design reinforcement concrete and steel structures, including supporting calculations, specifications and supervising the preparation of drawings
- Other tasks as required to support project goals and business activities
EXPERIENCE – KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/PROJECT EXPOSURE
- Strong computer skills and a working of SAP2000, MathCAD, AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hydroelectric power industry experience
- Experience with ABAQUS, ANSYS, Revit and Robot
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- EBBC Professional Engineer eligibility for registration
- A strong technical capability and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment
- The ability to perform as a key member of an inter-disciplinary project team
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com