R-067032 Digital Communications Officer (Open)
To support the digital communications team across the SNC-Lavalin digital estate, through both internal and external channels. The role spans content management, upholding of best practise, platform training and insights reports using site analytics for our channels.
The potential for future support in the web development team, to provide additional resource and capability to deliver on web-projects.
This role can be based in Montreal, Epsom, London, or Manchester/Warrington.
- Fulfil website content uploads for business.
- Ensure the content upload process is consistent using templates that continually evolve.
- Pro-actively work to improve website and visitor experience to achieve yearly site objectives.
- Ensure all content uploaded is aligned with our accessibility standards.
- Produce analytics and insights reports using Google Analytics on weekly and quarterly summary basis including competitor reviews.
- Increase our use of automated tools to continuously improve the insights gathering process.
- Provide on-going support for our network of content editors and ensure standards are being maintained. This can include platform training.
- Fulfil video uploads to the Brightcove platform and provide platform training on ad-hoc basis.
- Fulfil content upload requests for the Infozone intranet platform and internal sites across the SNC-Lavalin business.
- Join relevant calls with our internal communications team to ensure we have an awareness upcoming internal content.
- Ensure the team is supported through the redevelopment of our business intranet.
- Promote external reputation and market positioning of the creative design team.
- Actively engage with stakeholders across creative design to promote the great work we produce across the team.
- Desirable skills/attributes
- Join all development team calls
- Potential to carry out 1-2 days per week of web development work.
- Provide on-going support and cover for our social media channels, using the Falcon IO platform to schedule content.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience using CMS (content management systems) for website content management – preferably My Investis ConnectID, SDL, and SharePoint.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro) and online digital tools such as Canva.
- Experience of managing social media accounts and content strategy. This includes scheduling software such as Hootsuite, Sprout and Flacon IO.
- Experience using collaboration platforms including Monday.com and Slack.
- French language written and spoken fluency is desirable.
- Recent graduate or 1-2 years+ of experience in a relevant role
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a global proactive and creative team of over 80 designers, developers,â€¯visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency,â€¯Faithful+Gouldâ€¯and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.â€¯
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content,â€¯makeâ€¯information more accessible andâ€¯addâ€¯value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts thatâ€¯utiliseâ€¯technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.â€¯
Creative Design in the pressâ€¯
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.â€¯ If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you atâ€¯interview.â€¯
If applyingâ€¯toâ€¯this role please do notâ€¯make referenceâ€¯to (in conversation) or include in your application orâ€¯CV,â€¯details of any current or previously held security clearance.â€¯
Atkinsâ€¯recogniseâ€¯that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interestedâ€¯to discussâ€¯how we can accommodate individual requirements.â€¯