R-066337 Co-op Student Geologist (Open)
Please Note**** This is a co-op position and only for applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree program in geology, earth science, geological engineering or geotechnical engineering at a recognized Canadian university, preferably with at least two years of undergraduate study complete. Do not apply if you are not in a registered co-op program with an educational institution within Canada ****
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global pioneer in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
This position is camp based, working two weeks on site and one week off shift, with the possibility of night shift rotations.
- Travel is covered from your home location to the site.
- How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist Geologists and Engineers with completing field geological inspections, mapping, logging and documentation for the BC Hydro Site-C Project in Fort ST. John, BC.
What will you contribute?
Currently enrolled in a degree program in geology, earth science, geological engineering or geotechnical engineering at a recognized Canadian university, preferably with at least two years of undergraduate study complete.
- Basic understanding of sedimentary geology, structural geology, and/or rock mechanics.
- Previous field experience working in all weather conditions is an asset.
- Relevant study, volunteer or work experience in some of the following areas:
- Detailed structural geological mapping of above and below ground bedrock surfaces.
- Identification and mapping of overburden and alluvial deposits.
- Geotechnical core logging of overburden and bedrock.
- Knowledge of geotechnical instrumentation such as vibrating wire piezometers, inclinometers and extensometers.
- Rock support installation and performance monitoring such as rock dowels, rock bolds and shotcrete.
- Ability to work 10 or more hours a day for 14 consecutive days.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License in Good Standing is a condition of employment.
- A mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test is a condition of employment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.