R-066327 Engineering Technology Co-op Student (Open)
Why join us?
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technology Co-op Student(s) from either the Civil or Environmental Engineering Technology programs for an 8-month term position to join our diverse and experienced team.
In this position you will work as a key member of the Infrastructure Prairies team located in Regina, Saskatchewan. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized transportation professionals and will gain valuable experience in the transportation/infrastructure consulting industry working for a variety of clients.
This Co-op position will provide comprehensive training in health and safety as well as performing materials testing on various construction materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting, and teamwork. This position requires significant field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting, but will also provide opportunity to work in a centralized setting in our Regina laboratory and office.
This role will require a significant amount of field work, including extended shifts (usually approximately 10-12 days) requiring out-of-town work, especially during the peak of construction season from May to September.
This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills that you will need as a field technologist, specifically the application of material properties in construction.
This is the Co-op position that you want! Don’t miss out; apply today for one of the best opportunities of 2022.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregates,concrete, etc.
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer.
- Quantity tracking and quality assurance monitoring as a field checker on surfacing projects.
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment.
- Travel to various worksites across Saskatchewan (and possibly out-of-province) as required.
- Work in our central laboratory as required, which may include duties such as materials testing, sample preparation, and cleaning/maintenance of equipment.
- Completion of required project documentation, including assistance with project close-out; and
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs.
What will you contribute?
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract.
- A good understanding of MS Office.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Saskatchewan, with the potential for out-of-province work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A strong belief in ethics, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
This position is based out of the SNC-Lavalin office in Regina located at 1911 Truesdale Drive.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.