R-066232 Engineering Technology Co-op Student (Open)
Why join us?
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with the leading consulting firm in Saskatchewan and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking Laboratory & Field Technology Co-op Student (Saskatoon Lab) to join our diverse and experienced team.
How will you contribute to the team?
In this position you will work as a key team member of the Saskatoon Soils Testing Laboratory team located in Saskatoon, SK. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized professionals and will gain valuable experience in the consulting industry.
This student position will provide comprehensive training in health and safety as well as performing materials testing on various construction materials such as soil, aggregate, concrete, slurry, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting, and teamwork. There will also be the opportunity for field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting.
This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills that you will need as an Engineering Technologist, specifically the application of material properties in construction. To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following -
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as soil, aggregates, concrete, slurry, etc.
- Assisting in preparation and monitoring of highly advanced soil and rock testing programs.
- Documentation of laboratory activities and subsequent test results.
- Field nuclear compaction and construction supervision.
- Possibility of travel to various work sites across Saskatchewan to assist with field testing services (drilling, concrete testing, water sampling, etc.).
- General activities related to the daily functioning of the laboratory facility (calibration of equipment, housekeeping, communication with staff from other SNC-Lavalin offices, sample storage, etc.).
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs.
What will you contribute?
- Successful completion of first year courses in either the Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and Civil Engineering Technology Programs.
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract.
- A good understanding of MS Office.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
- Local Candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.