R-066222 EIT, Mechanical (Open)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare engineering documents for mechanical equipment including datasheets, technical specifications, technical bid evaluations and engineering requisitions.
- Develop data analytics tools for engineering projects.
- Develop machine learning tools to assist in plant design.
- Review of vendor drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs prior to fabrication.
- Mechanical equipment sizing.
- Prepare design calculations and design briefs for mechanical equipment.
- Prepare design sketches.
- Prepare trade-off studies and reports.
- Prepare material take-offs.
- Participate in equipment shop visits.
- Participate in field engineering assignments.
- Participate in SNC Lavalin EIT Program.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines to ensure the accuracy of design data, and the timely flow of information throughout the project.
- Prepare work estimates.
- Participate in project cost estimates.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower costs, improve work quality and facilitate plant maintenance.
What will you contribute?
- Mechanical Engineering degree and/or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Strong English (written and oral) communication skills.
- Familiarity with API, ANSI, ASME and CEMA standards and codes.
- Strong computer skills including understanding of data analytics and data bases.
- A double major in computer science would be considered an asset.
- Experience with machine learning would be considered an asset.
- Experience with 2D and 3D design software would be considered an asset.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A positive attitude, and a desire to perform design engineering.
- Ability to deal with contending priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Self-starter with the ability to work solitarily when required.
- Ability to read, understand, and produce mechanical drawings.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.