R-059558 Site Assessment & Remediation Student/Intern (Open)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global pioneer in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a Student/Intern to join our Site Assessment & Remediation team with potential to work out of Saskatoon or Regina for 16 months duration to start in May 2022 and end in August 2023. The successful candidate will join a local team focused on delivering high quality work for a variety of clients.
This position will involve working with SNC-Lavalin’s Site Assessment and Remediation team on a variety of office projects and field investigations. The successful candidate will be mentored by a variety of environmental professionals (Engineers, Agrologists, Geologists, and Technologists) and will gain valuable experience in the environmental consulting industry.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Participating in environmental and hydrogeological investigations including Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III environmental assessments and soil and groundwater sources and sampling programs.
- Documentation of field activities and managing sample shipment to analytical labs.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Communicating field observations to SNC-Lavalin project managers
- Inter-regional collaboration on projects.
- Participation in health and safety programs.
What will you contribute?
- Enrolled in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Excel, CAD.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- Ability to work on one’s own and safely with minimal supervision and/or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, a team player and a high level of energy.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Local Candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
- A safe and healthy work environment
- Additional Information:
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital – and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com