R-056981 Project Coordinator (Open)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global pioneer in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and expedite engineering milestones/deliverables to support construction schedule.
- Expedite engineering modifications requested by construction changes.
- Maintain active involvement in collecting and implementing constructability input from various parties on the project.
- Oversee development of formal engineering work packages (EWP) to correspond to the established construction work packages (CWP).
- Maintain proper communication between construction and engineering.
- Oversee and coordinate the hours and scope for changes.
- Assist in the monthly forecast at completion.
What will you contribute?
- Civil engineering degree or any relevant experience on a multidisciplinary major project.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Experience in engineering building structure will be considered an asset.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Willingness to learn.
- High attention to detail and strong reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and quality control processes.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment involved in the construction of heavy civil / structural works.
- Experience reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor/client negotiations.
- Experience in Construction Management, either as contractor or Owner’s representative.
- Experience in large scale design build projects preferred.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to recommend the best solution and solve problems including inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Ability to travel.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com