R-041787 Electrical Engineering Intern - 12 months (Open)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Winnipeg Road Office.
SNC-LAVALIN is one of the largest engineering-construction firms performing work in Canada and internationally and ranks among the top ten in the world. We provide high-quality engineering, procurement, construction, project management and project financing in various business sectors, and in the ownership, operation and maintenance of infrastructure. As SNC-LAVALIN positions itself for growth in the Manitoba marketplace, we are looking to recruit for Electrical Engineering student.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Electrical Intern will report to the Project Manager and Electrical Department Head who will provide supervision for the electrical design work that includes the following:
- Preparation of electrical single line diagrams, AC control schematics, wiring distribution schemes, panel schedules.
- Development of cable block diagrams and cable and conduit schedules.
- Design of physical layout of electrical equipment, raceway and grounding plans related to the various facilities within the plant.
- Preparation of cable and raceway routing layouts.
- Arc Flash calculations and label preparation.
- Work on reports.
- Perform site visits.
- Design and development of electric heat tracing systems.
- Perform drafting / drawing tasks using AutoCAD.
- Perform design work in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code.
What will you contribute?
- Substantial completion of majority of courses towards a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering; 3rd or 4th Electrical Engineering student
- Part of the team for a duration of 12 months, as part of an Internship program.
- Must have a good attitude and good work ethic.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Previous electrical design work experience in heavy industrial and/or mining projects is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience in a consulting environment is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience with AutoCAD is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience with PLC programming is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Knowledge and application of the Canadian electrical code is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Demonstrated oral English communication skills.
We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com