Geotechnical EIT, design of embankment dams
Why join our team?
SNC-Lavalin is one of the largest engineering and construction groups in the world, and a major player in infrastructure ownership, operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin companies have offices across Canada and in 35 other countries, and are currently working in some 100 countries. (www.snclavalin.com)
SNC-Lavalin's Power, Grid & Industrial Solutions Sector is a leader in the fields of power generation and distribution. We are proud to have more than 100 years of experience in the field of dams and hydroelectricity, the company's very first hydroelectric project dating back to 1911. SNC-Lavalin has been closely involved in the design, construction, refurbishment and study of hydro and power systems and has facilitated the production of some 296,000 MW of hydropower, more than 114,000 km of transmission lines and more than 2,500 substations around the world.
Climate change continues to be at the heart of the global environmental agenda and continues to influence decisions and the overall direction of the energy sector. As a result, the group also oversees renewable energy and energy storage projects. Furthermore, as critical infrastructure protection becomes a growing concern for utilities, the group also continues to support the growth of SNC-Lavalin's digital and telecommunications technologies.
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineering-in-training, design of embankment dams to join a team dedicated to studies, mainly for hydroelectric projects. As such, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary team in the realization of projects ranging from feasibility studies to construction.
What will be your contribution to the team?
- Participate in the investigations and studies on potential location for the construction of dams
- Participate in the conception of dams (stability analysis, embankment quantities, etc)
- Participation in the production of drawings and technical specifications
- Participate in the analysis of bids
- Construction supervision, possibly requiring site visits of a few weeks
- Supervision of teams of engineers and draughtspersons
- Participate in training of junior engineers
- Management of small and medium size projects
What are we looking for?
- B.A.Sc. in civil or geotechnical engineering plus a Master in geotechnics
- Member of OIQ (Quebec)
- 0-5 years of relevant geotechnical experience
- Experience in the construction of dams would be important
- Bilingualism (French, English) is essential
- Knowledge of Geo-Slope software family and finite element analysis
- Knowledge of earthquake analysis would be an advantage
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin :
At SNC-Lavalin, you will benefit from competitive compensation, a healthy and safe work environment, and a full range of benefits (group insurance, retirement savings program, stock ownership plan, permanent employment, continuing education program, etc.). If you think a career with our team could fit your profile, submit your application online now!