Engineering Co-op Student
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
We are currently seeking Geotechnical Engineering Co-op Students to join the team in May 2022 for a sixteen (16) months term position. Candidates will be considered for positions at the Saskatoon and Regina office locations.
This position will involve working with an Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a variety of office projects, construction projects and field investigations. The student will be mentored by a Professional Engineer.
How will you contribute to the team?
- To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Entering data and participating on various design projects.
- Participating in field investigations which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessment and instrumentation installation.
- Conducting soil, concrete and asphalt tests in the field and/or laboratory environment.
- Topographic or constructions surveying with GPS survey equipment.
- Developing reports for site investigations and constructions projects.