Engineering Co-op Student
Why join us?
This position is based out of our Environment office in Burnaby and reports to a Project Manager. You will be responsible for supporting our local environment team on a variety of projects in the site assessment, remediation, and environmental monitoring sectors. The ideal candidate is a recent graduate with a diploma in environmental sciences, or a junior engineer in training. Previous relevant experience is an asset.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. offers consulting services across a wide array of environmental fields with offices throughout BC and across Canada. With this position, you would be working with leading experts in the following area sof our environmental engineering business of as: Contaminated site assessment and remediation, assessment and reclamation of historical mine sites, hydrogeological investigation and water supply, environmental effects monitoring, human health and ecological risk assessment, land reclamation, environmental studies, environmental impact assessments and social impact assessments, .
Our offices are located in attractive regions of BC, with quick access to arts & culture and a variety of outdoor activities including mountain biking, skiing, hiking, hunting, and water sports. SNC-Lavalin offers a flexible work schedule and a relaxed office environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Work directly with Project Managers and other project team members to meet client deliverables on time and on budget.
- Conduct local and remote field work as directed on a diverse range of sites, with a focus on health, safety, environment, and community.
- Execution of field programs for sampling and assessment of groundwater, surface water, soil, sediment, mine waste materials, soil vapour and ambient air.
- Coordination and supervision of contractors.
- Calibration and operation, and maintenance of field instruments and equipment.
- Collection of field data and preparation of detailed documentation (e.g., monitoring data, field notes, site sketches, photographs, GPS data).
- Submission of field data and preparation of summaries for project team members.
- Data analysis, quality assurance/quality control, and preparation of technical reports.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in environmental science, geoscience, environmental or geological engineering, or another related discipline.
- Previous environmental or consulting work experience is preferred.
- As the position will involve field work, the candidate must be able to lift up to 40 lbs, be willing to work in varying climatic conditions, and be willing to travel to remote locations and work away from home for extended periods.
- Mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Teams and Powerpoint).
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com