Electrical Engineering Co-op Student
In order to be eligible to apply for this position you must be currently enrolled in a University Co-op Program.
Why join us?
At SNC-Lavalin, infrastructure sector doesn’t just create great buildings and facilities - we finance, design, build, operate and maintain buildings and facilities that directly enhance and support the well-being of the communities where we live and work. Using the highest technical standards and the most sustainable, efficient and safest project management approaches, we deliver world-class aircraft hangars, educational institutions, medical facilities, industrial and commercial developments, and recreational and cultural centres.
Our Buildings & Facilities Unit in Vancouver is looking for an Electrical Engineering Co-op Student to join our growing team. This is a 8-month term position that will start in May 2023. To perform this role successfully, the Electrical Co-op will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
How will you contribute to the team?
- Draft in AutoCAD based on designer’s markups;
- Model using Revit MEP based on designer’s markups;
- Perform routine calculations and design as may be directed;
- Assist with the design of Design building electrical systems for Buildings & Facilities, including all aspects of lighting, power distribution, fire alarm, security, & communications. Sectors may include healthcare, transit, commercial, government, educational, & institutional facilities.
- Issue drawings and other documents to document control as directed/required.
What will you contribute?
- Experience in AutoCAD drafting software is required;
- Experience in MicroStation and Revit drafting software is an asset;
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in electrical engineering or other relevant field of study (ideally in their last year).
- Knowledgeable in Canadian Electrical Code and routine electrical calculations as it relates to Buildings & Facilities.
- Be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of a large team;
- Be proactive and take self-initiative;
- Have the ability to handle several tasks and projects at once
- Fast learner, with the ability to adapt.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com