Civil field coordinator student
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified civil field coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible to support the material receipt process, bulk purchase orders, as well as 3-way match for payments.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Plan, organize, and act as the Company Representative pertaining to project documentation
- Coordinate/Order Equipment & material deliveries
- Manage the redline drawings and ensure they are provided to the Project Manager
- Manage punch lists/ Quality documentation
- Assist Project Manager and Field Engineers with various field duties
- Manage inspection and test plans close-out to ensure meeting quality standards as per project specs.
- Prepare job specific manuals, testing requirements, all related project material, and collect all compliance documents for project
- Assist in safe workplace practices, manage safety incentives, and encourage staff in meeting KPIs
- Order and schedule material deliveries.
- Coordinates the transmission of submittals through document control
- Assist the team with the preparation of construction estimates
- Additional job scope may apply and may be modified as per the project needs.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline;
- P. Eng or working towards it;
- Experience in a similar role is preferred (An asset);
- Understanding of contract fundamentals and experience in managing contractors under the terms of the contract;
- Team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills;
- The ability to manage competing priorities under time constraints
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital – and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com