Analyst Finance Transformation (Open)
Why join us?
As Analyst, Finance Transformation you will drive and implement practices, projects, improvements and process reengineering initiatives that aim to improve process stability, efficiency, standardization, and control.
The responsibilities will also include the optimization and the usage of the current financial systems and tools in place. Review and improve financial processes and governance, implement and manage the Internal Process Controls framework, and to address opportunities to resolve issues in the financial and reporting processes.
The Analyst, Finance Transformation will also act as liaison agent between the Corporate Finance departments and the inter-dependent internal parties, ensuring that processes meet their needs and requirements.
The Analyst, Finance Transformation will be responsible to ensure adequate training on new processes and promote knowledge management best practices, both on processes and systems, including developing all process specific documentation.
The Analyst, Finance Transformation will report to the Manager, Finance Transformation.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Identify and formulate ways to improve existing activities and increase operational efficiency:
- Analyze and gather documentation on current business processes
- Estimate level of process complexity and potential benefits, to accurately prioritize individual initiatives
- Explore and recommend new solutions or technological tools (Excel macros/ Power Queries, RPA, Power BI, SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate etc.)
- Identify discrepancies between the current and future process
- Persuade stakeholders of the benefits for recommended solution
- Lead implementation activities and provide post-implementation support to stakeholders
- Develop and provide training to end-users; workshops, lessons learned sessions, and refresher programs, as required
- Follow up on all projects/ initiatives, identify risks and obstacles to meet deadlines, as well as propose corrective measures
- Prepare and present project progress reports
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities and process and/ or system standardization
What we are looking for?
- University degree in Finance or related field
- Expertise in process design, process optimization and continuous improvement
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Finance and/or IT
- Expertise and demonstrated knowledge of finance related processes
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills within a culturally diverse multi-location work environment
- Ability to work well independently and within a team, resourceful and rigorous
- Strong communication & collaboration skills with various stakeholders
- Ability to work with short delay and good tolerance to change
- Strong knowledge of analysis and reporting tools is an asset
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques
- Experience with Oracle ERP / Hyperion or EPM applications is an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio) and SharePoint
- English/ French bilingual (spoken and written)
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We firmly believe that world-class talent does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but rather is enriched by these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiaries or affiliates of SNC-Lavalin (commonly referred to as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Notice on our Careers Site for information on how we collect, use and transfer your personal information. By providing your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you are confirming that you have read and agree to our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services project management firm with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin brings together people, technology and data to shape and deliver world-class projects and designs, while providing comprehensive innovative solutions throughout the asset life cycle. Our expertise is broad - consulting, cyber security and smart grid, design and engineering, procurement, project and construction management, operations and maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining investments - and we offer it to clients in four strategic sectors: Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM), Infrastructure, Nuclear Power and Resources, supported by Capital.