Civil Engineering Co-op Student
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is currently seeking Civil Engineering Students to join our Infrastructure Prairies team, with potential to work out of Regina or Saskatoon. This is a 16 months term position. The work term will start beginning of May 2022 and end in August 2023, with potential career opportunities for graduates. The successful candidate will join a local team focused on delivering high quality work for a variety of clients.
The Infrastructure Prairies team is a part of the Engineering, Design, and Project Management (EDPM) division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. within Canada. By joining SNC-Lavalin Inc., you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction, with ample opportunity to work on project locally and abroad.
This job provides design, supervision, and project management of various civil project with a focus on transportation and heavy earthworks. This position will involve working with team directors, senior, and other junior engineers on a variety of projects. A large component of this position will involve field work and travel to various construction projects within the province of Saskatchewan.
In this position, you will be trained and mentored to complete a variety of tasks that may include but are not limited to field supervision, site safety, material testing, quality assurance inspections, surveying, drilling, geo- investigations, and final reporting. Interns will be required to assist in develop technical documents and proposals. Candidates may be exposed to multiple phases of project including tendering document development, project costing and forecasting, feasibility studies, technical reviews, construction, and close out reporting. The goal is to expose interns to multiple engineering disciplines include geotechnical investigations, environmental engineering, and construction administration.
In this position, you will be mentored and supervised by a Professional Engineer. The experience gained while employed at SNC-Lavalin Inc. can be used as hours to earn your professional designation. Vehicles, accommodations, and subsistence will be provided by SNC-Lavalin Inc. should you be required to travel.
How will you contribute to the team?
- To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Construction activity monitoring and supervision with assistance from a field supervisor.
- Material testing of various aggregates in a laboratory environment.
- Topographic or construction surveying with GPS RTK survey equipment.
- Developing reports for site investigations and construction projects.
- Participating in field investigation which may include drilling, material sampling and landowner engagement.
- Developing presentation on completed projects.
- Data entry, project design, and development of sensitivity analysis spreadsheets.
What will you contribute?
- A solid understanding of MS Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Detailed orientated with the ability to balance changing workload.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the province.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
- Ability to understand and comply with various site safety requirements.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
- Previous Project Management experience would be considered an asset.
- Completion of AutoCAD Level 1 & 2 would be considered an asset.
- Completion of Spring survey camp would be considered an asset.
- Local candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
- While SNC-Lavalin Inc. would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- li>Competitive salary.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
- A safe and healthy work environment.
- Additional Information:
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital – and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com