STEWARDSHIP COORDINATOR- Waterloo Office
Skills Ontario is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting careers in the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario youth through a variety of programs and competitions across the province. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexible schedules and a real opportunity to make a difference!
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
The Stewardship Co-ordinator is responsible for fostering relationships for sponsors and senior management of Skills Ontario, by ensuring that sponsorship benefits are received, tracked and communicated to sponsors. This integral role supports the mandate to promote the profile of Skills Ontario.
You will be responsible for:
- Continuous tracking of sponsorship related data including but not limited to benefits promised vs. delivered, and sponsors confirmed vs. unconfirmed
- Developing, tracking and distributing relevant and timely communications with sponsor organizations
- Designing, preparing and distributing annual reports to educational and industry sponsors
- Designing and updating all sponsorship related materials including but not limited to sponsorship proposals, sponsorship opportunity documents, sponsorship packages and completion summaries
- Preparation of custom sponsorship packages upon request
- Bi-weekly reporting of sponsor confirmation progress
- Participation in leadership meetings with sponsorship updates
- Continuing to organize the Career Exploration Showcase held in conjunction with the Skills Ontario Competition
- Other duties as assigned
This position works closely with the leadership team and those responsible for securing sponsorships for various events.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Event Management, Administration or Education an asset
- Aptitude and experience in organizing, planning, managing and facilitating events
- Experience creating information packages, proposals, contracts, or agreements for partners and Government stakeholders
- Comfortable working closely with high profile stakeholders, partners and Government contacts
- Excellent attention to detail, tracking data through spreadsheets and/or database programs
- Professional communication skills in English, both oral and written, fluency in French is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of computers and of basic software (i.e. MS Office, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Knowledge of skilled trades and technology careers is an asset
- Standard- First Aid and CPR trained, or willing to obtain
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be willing to travel
Duration: Full-time, 35-40 hours per week
For more information about Skills Ontario please visit:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, February 15, 2019. These documents should outline how the applicant is qualified for this role, and how their specific qualifications prepare them to further Skills Ontario’s mission.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be arranged for end of February, with an expectation of an approximate start date of March 18, 2019.
At Skills Ontario, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all youth. As such, the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a vulnerable sectors–criminal records check.