Liaison Officer – Kitchener-Waterloo Region
Skills Ontario – Liaison Officer
Skills Ontario is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting careers in the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario youth through a variety of programs and competitions across the province. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexible schedules and a real opportunity to make a difference!
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
LIAISON OFFICER – Kitchener-Waterloo Region
1 year contract (35 HOURS/WEEK)
STARTING AT $21.00/HOUR
The successful candidate will inform and inspire young people about the first-choice career opportunities that exist in the skilled trades and technologies, through the following activities:
- Booking and facilitating multiple presentations a week to promote awareness of career opportunities in the skilled trades and technologies
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with school boards and other stakeholders
- Helping to organizing events to bring together local skilled trades professionals and youth; including managing student recruitment, organizing venue logistics, etc.
- Facilitating other events and programs as required (e.g. summer camps, cardboard boat races)
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering programming in and around the Greater Toronto Area (Bluewater District School Board, Waterloo Catholic District School Board, Waterloo Region District School Board, Upper Grand District School Board, among others) and will report to the Skills Ontario Head Office when not presenting. Occasional travel to other areas of Ontario is also required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in delivering workshops or presentations; experience presenting to youth is an asset
- Prior knowledge of and/or experience with skilled trade and technology occupations is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make outbound calls and visits
- Experience in coordinating and delivering events
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required; reimbursement is paid for travel
- Post-Secondary Graduate or equivalent experience
- Fluency in French is required
The normal working hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM with exceptions.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send one document which includes a resume and cover letter in PDF format outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Emily Collard email@example.com no later than Friday February 22, 2019. Interviews are expected to take place during the week of February 25, 2019 with a start date Monday March 11, 2019.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
At Skills Ontario, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all youth. As such, the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a vulnerable sectors–criminal records check.