Financial Analyst, Payroll Specialist
job title: Financial Analyst, Payroll Specialist
job ID #: FIN 19-0201
reports to: Director, Finance
salary range: MCS3 $58,315.01 - $73,817.27
status: Full time, permanent
hours: 37.5 hours per week
who we are:
Sherbourne is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness.
At Sherbourne, our doors are open to every one, and we prioritize those who face barriers to care: LGBT2SQ community members; newcomers to Canada; and people who are homeless and under-housed. Our unique programs combine primary health and chronic disease management, health promotion, outreach and social supports, and mental health services, to increase access for our priority populations, influence population health outcomes, and strive for organizational excellence. They include the Acute Respite Care (ARC) program, The Rotary Club of Toronto Health Bus, Supporting Our Youth, Rainbow Health Ontario, Women In Need ‘Klinik’ (WINK) and Health Access St. James Town.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Ministry of Child and Youth Services, City of Toronto and many generous companies, groups and individual donors.
about the role:
You bring a strong finance and accounting background to the role and are a team player who provides overall support to the Finance team and collaborates with members of Sherbourne staff and external vendors. Your job will include administering company payroll, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll. Your position will also involve accounts payable related tasks such as entering and payment of purchase invoices; preparation of relevant reports and related activities.
day to day responsibilities:
As a payroll specialist, you work with sensitive data and accuracy and confidentiality is the utmost importance. You will have a set number of tasks that are required to be executed at certain times during the week to ensure payroll and cheques are sent on time. Common tasks include: process bi-weekly payroll; ensure appropriate union dues, benefit, pension, & long term disability contributions are made; maintain AP records; review invoices and expense reports. You will also support the assist with year-end audit working papers.
to thrive in this role, you’ll need:
• Extensive knowledge of payroll systems, preferably Ceridian.
• Medium to large accounting system experience, preferably Sage.
• Canadian Payroll certification (Payroll Compliance Practitioner).
• At least 3 years payroll experience for 100+ employees.
skills and abilities:
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Superior attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately under pressure with a calm and steady demeanor.
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to their work.
• Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Excellent time and project (ad hoc) management skills.
conditions of employment:
• Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and professional references.
• Demonstrates commitment to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
to apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID #FIN 19-0201 to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, X.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BOLD. KIND. REAL. OPEN. WE CARE.