Executive Assistant to the President and CEO and Board
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President and CEO and Board
Job ID #: ADM 18-1201
Reports To: President and CEO
Starting SalaryRange: $44,924 - $56,155 (commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Who we are:
Sherbourne is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness.
At Sherbourne, our doors are open to every one, and we prioritize those who face barriers to care: LGBT2SQ community members; newcomers to Canada; and people who are homeless and under-housed. Our unique programs combine primary health and chronic disease services, health promotion, outreach and social supports, and mental health services, to increase access for our priority populations, influence population health outcomes, and strive for organization excellence. They include the Acute Respite Care (ARC) program, The Rotary Club of Toronto Health Bus, Supporting Our Youth, Rainbow Health Ontario, Women In Need ‘Klinik’ (WINK) and Health Access St. James Town.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Ministry of Child and Youth Services, City of Toronto and many generous companies, groups and individual donors.
About the role:
You are a seasoned and highly motivated individual who uses excellent judgment and is looking to bring your expertise and organizational abilities to provide outstanding executive support. As Executive Assistant (EA), you’ll work closely with the President and CEO and Board of Directors, senior volunteers, and the senior management team.
Day to day responsibilities:
As EA, you will provide skillful support to the President and CEO to ensure they are enabled to function effectively, making sure that all governance documentation, such as policies and records, are proactively managed. The President and CEO and Board will also count on you to organize and attend board, committee and management meetings, schedule and confirm appointments, take and distribute minutes and other executive administrative tasks. You will also coordinate membership initiatives, including planning and executing the Annual General Meeting.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need:
• Completed a post-secondary degree and have a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience supporting senior executives and/or Boards in a complex organization, or the equivalent blend of education and work.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer applications (Word, Email, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.), and the ability to adapt to and learn new applications
• Experience providing confidential executive support, exercising sound judgement in planning and problem-solving of priorities, upcoming events and ongoing stakeholder issues.
• Experience overseeing all administrative functions, including project managing, coordinating the President and CEO’s calendar, organizing meetings, events, special projects, file management and financial administration.
• Experience researching and collecting documents from a variety of sources to capture all relevant background material (agenda, purpose of meeting, biographical materials, etc).
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to create correspondence, project summaries, presentations, proposals, reports, and conceptualizing materials.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with the internal and external stakeholders on complex matters.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team-member; demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
• Strong time management skills are required to effectively prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage ongoing maintenance of efficient administrative and document management systems (paper/electronic) and processes for the office.
Conditions of employment:
• Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks.
• You will work at a desk in an office. Your standard hours will follow a 9 to 5 schedule, with regular evening hours (2 evening meetings per month is typical), and need to be flexible to work occasional weekends as required by the role.
To apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID # ADM 18-1201 to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Friday, January 4th, 2019.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BOLD. KIND. REAL. OPEN. WE CARE.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org