Shelter Movers is currently looking for additional volunteer Board Members to fill openings on its Board of Directors. The ideal candidate has prior board experience and can commit to monthly board meetings, along with up to five hours of work per week and occasional training and strategic planning sessions.
Priority experience areas include Human Resources, Finance and VAW sector experience along with the following qualifications:
- Previous board experience
- Awareness of the VAW sector and dedication towards anti-racist and anti-oppressive work
- A commitment of time
- A commitment to Shelter Movers’ mission and strategic direction
Core responsibilities include:
- Preparing for, attending and participating in monthly board meetings
- Willingness to serve and actively participate in committees
- Helping to guide the strategic direction of the organization, prioritizing long-term stability and growth
- Participating in regular reviews of Shelter Movers’ mission, objective and core values, while also ensuring Shelter Movers embodies each
- Writing, reviewing and abiding by operational policies that apply to the Board and in some cases, the organization
- Participate in the monitoring of the organization’s financial performance, including budget setting, forecasting and regular review of results against plan
- Leading the performance evaluations of senior management
- Participate in the recruitment of board members
- Support of, and participation in, fundraising events and/or special events
- Being an ambassador of Shelter Movers by helping to spread the word of our services and encourage donations within own network of friends and contacts as needed
- Maintain engagement in relevant community issues and news impactful to the organization and sector
A Director’s performance is evaluated annually based on the performance of assigned Board requirements and duties.
Finding the right fit is especially important to us. If you embody a commitment to diversity, understand what it means to be trauma informed and want to be a part of a high growth, social initiative that is making a tangible difference in the lives of survivors, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.