About SGGG AlphaDesk
SGGG AlphaDesk develops software for the hedge fund industry. The firm was started in 2007, and our product is the market leader in Canada, and we are rapidly expanding into other countries. We are a small team with strong technical skills, and the quality of our software and client services is at the core of our business.
The Product Specialist is the interface between the company, our products and our clients. The role has four main components:
- Demonstrating our product to potential clients, both in person and over the web. This also includes maintaining a demo environment and updating the data.
- Implementing the product at new clients – managing the implementation project, coordinating with the client and their other service providers, configuring the software, system integration and data transfer from the clients’ other systems.
- Providing support to our clients, mostly on the phone and via e-mail. You will help them use our products to solve their trading and portfolio management problems.
- Testing new releases and resolving technical issues at every stage of the product life cycle.
You will be continually learning about financial markets, hedge funds and how our software is used. In addition, you will need to gain a deep understanding of technical aspects of our offering - networking, cloud architecture, databases, etc. The role may require significant travel. You will be working directly with our clients - portfolio managers and operations people at hedge funds. They are smart and demanding and you will need to work hard to meet their expectations.
Personal skills and abilities required:
- very good verbal and written communication
- strong numerical analytical/problem solving skills
- the ability and inclination to learn new things quickly
- willingness to work well as part of a close-knit team
- willingness to travel
- ability to perform in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
- initiative and motivation
Education: University degree, most likely with a major in science
Experience: No experience is required, but relevant work experience would be an advantage.
As we expect to teach you most of what you need to know, the primary qualification is ability and enthusiasm. However, previous experience in the areas of software, databases or dealing with clients would be a definite plus.
This is an uncommon opportunity to join a young team building a product from the ground up, and get exposure to many aspects of financial markets and software. We are a fast growing company and there are excellent opportunities for the right person to learn and to grow. The work is challenging and rewarding. If you are up to it, we would like to meet you.