Senior Software Developer, Global B2B
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
The B2B R&D group in Vancouver, BC works on global web services for Samsung’s B2B organization. The security and mobile management solution Knox is one of several projects that we develop and operate. All our services run in the cloud. We work on global scale microservices architectures, big data analytics and customer engagement projects. We apply latest development practices like Agile and DevOps and strive to continually get better at what we do.
Why We Want You
First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others. You have a strong analytical mind and you like to see the whole picture. You have passion for solving complex problems and have a high degree of aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies. You dig deep and want to understand how your role can contribute to the business to succeed.
(What You’ll Do)
- Architect, design, develop, maintain and operate highly scalable cloud services that are used by customers globally
- Work on DevOps tasks like automation, monitoring, deployment pipeline and operations
- Work in a multi-disciplinary agile scrum team
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Mentor and lead other software developers to follow cloud software development best practices in a fast paced environment
(What You'll Bring)
- Attitude to work with others and an aptitude to learn quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent proven track record of developing and delivering software to end users using a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with AWS compute, storage and networking services
- Keenness and the skills to contribute to DevOps activities (CI/CD, automation, monitoring)
- Hands-on experience how to design and develop software that meets non-functional requirements like scalability, reliability and security
- Excellent knowledge developing web services using Java/Spring
- Hands-on expertise using MySQL, MongoDB
- Hands-on expertise using git, Terraform, Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Hands-on expertise using serverless cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora)
- Experience in Unit Testing using various tools such as JUnit, Jasmine, etc.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.