DevOps Engineer, Global B2B
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
The B2B R&D group in Vancouver, BC works on global web services for Samsung’s B2B organization. The security and mobile management solution Knox is one of several projects that we develop and operate. All our services run in the cloud. We work on global scale microservices architectures, big data analytics and customer engagement projects. We apply latest development practices like Agile and DevOps and strive to continually get better at what we do.
Why We Want You
First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others. You have a strong analytical mind and you like to see the whole picture. You have passion for solving complex problems and have a high degree of aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies. You dig deep and want to understand how your role can contribute to the business to succeed.
(What You’ll Do)
- Implement DevOps best practices and tools around automation, measuring, monitoring, deployment pipeline and operations
- Mentor and lead software developers and TechOps engineers to adopt DevOps practices
- Work in a multi-disciplinary agile scrum team
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Contribute to the architecture, design, development and operations of highly scalable cloud services that are used by customers globally
(What You'll Bring)
- Attitude to work with others and an aptitude to learn quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have a good understanding of global corporate business and deeply understand how DevOps practices and tools contribute to business success
- Based on experience, understand what it takes to transform an organization to follow DevOps practices and have the tenacity and patience to support the transformation
- Experience in earning buy-in for DevOps best practices in small or large organizations
- Hands-on experience building and deploying tools that support those practices (e.g. value chain, measuring, understanding what needs to change and why, CI/CD, automation, monitoring)
- Excellent hands-on experience with AWS compute, storage and networking services
- Hands-on experience how to design and develop software that meets non-functional requirements like scalability, reliability and security
- Proven track record of developing and delivering software to customers using a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Hands-on expertise using git, Terraform, Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Hands-on expertise using MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience in Unit Testing using various tools such as JUnit, Jasmine, etc…
- Hands-on expertise using serverless cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora)
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.