Network & Desktop Support Specialist
Do Something Big.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Why We Want You
We are looking for an associate in Network & Desktop support to join the Management Information Systems team. The successful candidate will be a superior problem solver who can support our Vancouver lab in the upkeep, configuration and operation of network, systems and software. You will ensure the uptime and performance of related technologies while staying up to date on new innovations.
- Provide tier 2 & 3 system support and ticket resolution
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
- Network administration configuration, support and maintain routers, switches, network appliances, firewalls, access points and other communication devices
- Linux systems administration including server deployment, troubleshooting, automation, scripting, and monitoring
- Support with desktop computing, configuration, equipment set up, imaging and software installations, and productivity tools
- Monitor and respond to network outages
- Participate in the planning of hardware refreshes and continuously apply the latest security patches
- Conduct new and existing employee IT training; teach standard operating procedures & security guidelines to facility staff & employees
- Deploy new initiatives set forth by the internal IT & Security team
- Administration of Procurement, Licensing, Warranties and Legalese of IT Systems, Software and Hardware
- Audit & report environment with latest ISO 27001 or higher relevant security standards
- Diploma or degree in Network & Security or related IT certifications
- 3 years’ work experience in an enterprise environment
- Must have experience with the following:
- Windows NT/XP/7,10 MSDOS, and Linux (Centos/Ubuntu), MAC OS X
- Virtualization, VMware Deployment, Setup, Troubleshooting, Management
- Windows server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 management (Setup and Maintenance)
- Microsoft exchange server 2010, 2013, 2016 (EMC, EAC, ECP)
- Cisco Routing and Network Technologies (LAN/WAN)
- Physical Installation and Decommissioning of Network, Server and Desktop components
- Strong team player with strong documentation and procedure skills
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must have the ability to provide professional technical support over the phone
- Ability to address both immediate needs and undertake long-term projects
- Relevant industry certifications such as CCNA, MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, CISSP would be an asset
- Flexibility in work schedule required due to user downtime maintenance windows
- Off-hours support may be requested
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.