Cloud Automation Engineer
Inspire the World, Create the Future
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
We are hiring on attitude and aptitude. At Samsung you will develop and operate systems at truly global scale. You will have the opportunity to travel and learn about other cultures. We have a comprehensive training plan for our engineers and we provide time for you to engage with the tech community. If this sounds interesting, we want to talk! (What You’ll Do)
Our team is growing. We are looking for highly motivated cloud automation engineers who and love the craft of designing, building, and automating. You will join and collaborate with teams of the best and brightest infrastructure engineers and developers; working on leading edge global projects.
You are a self-starter who is passionate about technology and automation. You love staying on top of current innovations. Your positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement sets you apart.
(What You’ll Do)
- Work closely with local and globally distributed teams to research and develop global services
- Research, develop & deploy infrastructure as a service and operation configuration management solutions for global services
- Take ownership, develop proof-of-concepts while delivering tools and services to provide automation and self-services solutions for other teams
- Perform research & development to deliver scalable, flexible and robust architectures using Infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure and ops automation in our cloud environments (primarily AWS)
- Proactively identify and drive adoption of new tools and services to improve time to market of our products
- Evangelise, advocate and educate cloud computing best practices & devops culture
- Install, administer and troubleshoot Linux based cloud infrastructure
- Drive improvement in metrics, monitoring and logging to help identify key performance metrics
(What You’ll Bring)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Software development skills an demonstrated proficiency in scripting and programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Java or Go
- Proven experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to develop and maintain high available and scalable architectures
- Desire to automate, optimise and drive efficiency of operations in global services
- Solid analytical, problem solving and IT troubleshooting skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Packer, Artifactory) and SCM (Git, Perforce)
- Experience administrating, deploying and managing Ubuntu, Red Hat or CentOS systems
- Strong knowledge of self-hosted monitoring tools such Nagios, Prometheus or Icinga
- Proven experience with cloud infrastructure and system-level orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Familiar with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI) and building scalable deployment pipelines
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.